Hi,

I am setting up a fifth stepper axis (B) to drive a lathe head on my
little miller and have run into a minor problem. The new ini file is at
http://tinyurl.com/yoahtm
The axis is working OK and I am getting a reasonable turn of speed out
of it for what I want to do but the feedrate I need to enter is
ridiculous...
I am driving a 200 step motor through an 1/8 microstep driver (Allegro)
and the spindle is driven by a 3:1 reduction toothed belt drive. The ini
file as it stands allows me to acurately position the spindle by degrees
for such things as gear cutting and also turn it at a few hundred rpm
for plain turning. However, at its top speed, AXIS reports its speed as
66000 and, to get it to move at that speed, that is the figure I have to
enter as feedrate in a G1 move - cumbersome to say the least...
So, is there any way I can introduce a divisor into this feedrate figure
to get it down to a more sensible figure - it is unlikely I will ever
want to turn the spindle at very slow speeds so a divisor of 100 or even
1000 would be great.

--
Best wishes,

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK

"The difference between theory and practice is much smaller in theory than in
practice..."