Hi Kirk

I can’t say about retrofitting machine but I know whole very good – large
mill sold for scrap metal because control got bad and minor mechanical
problem.
When ask how much for retrofit answer – better to buy new machine $50-250K
Here is the money. Need open your own shop and retrofit machine and it is
not simple.
Another ides, I want to buy small 12 by 12 inches frame of bridge type
machine to install my motor on. Sample on e-bay machine for $770.0 I
search on ebay CNC  MILL an on page 4 or so picture of machine and price
$770. Custom Built CNC
 Router Mill Engraver

 Very simple machine.
 I want to ask if you or someone that you know that can build similar type
simple machine?
I think there are market for not expensive small demo machine

 Thanks
Aram