Dale, In most cases it is better just to write new ladder than to try and port
from one
system to another. I've been programming PLC's for longer than I can remember.
can assist if needed.

Basicly you need three things:
1 List of inputs
2 List of outputs
3 List of what you want to happen when an input gets triggered.
        Start with a pseudo list of what happens kinda like this:
        When start is pressed (input 1)
                if is safety circuit is closed(input 2)
                if stop is not pressed(input 3)
                        start motor (output 1)