Gary,

If you can add another parallel port card ($10 on fleabay) you can have lots of
extra
inputs easy.

There are two speeds that are settable for homing the search speed which you
set
as fast as your comfortable with and the final position speed that you set
slower so
you can get good repetable position. Unfortunaly the last speed is done at a
rapid so
if you have a weak heart and a very fast machine >400IPM it will jerk real bad
and
scare you... In slower machines it works well. Too bad none of the developers
have
real fast machines or we might get another option there...

Basicly it moves the axis until it sees the switch change states then backs off
then
comes back again to touch off then rapids to your home position. If you have
limit
switches you can configure them to home as well.

John