On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 08:46:17PM +0800, Howard Chan wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am using AC-Servo Motor(SANYO DENKI) which have a encoder. The encoder
> provide A and /A phase, B and /B phase, Z and /Z phase. The Pin assembly
> of HAL, there are not any pins about /A, /B and /Z phases, but there are
> provided in the 7I33T. If I would like only using 5I20 to do the control
> unit. Are there any solution to solve the problem.
> Thank you very much!!
>
> Howard

Connect the A, A/, B, B/, Z, Z/ signals as shown in the 7i33
documentation provided by mesa:
    http://mesanet.com/pdf/motion/7i33man.pdf
Then connect the 7i33 to the 5i20 with a ribbon cable.

Then, in your hal configuration, you will use the corresponding
m5i20.<board>.enc-<channel>-* pins and parameters for the position
feedback from the motor.
    http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal_drivers.html#r1_5

For instance, if you connect A to ENCA0, A/ to ENCA0/, B to ENCB0/ and
so on, and connect the 7i33 to the 5i20 connector P2 on your first or
only board, then the HAL items corresponding to this encoder will be
named
    m5i20.0.enc-0-*

In the sample configuration "m5i20", m5i20.0.enc-0 and m5i20.0.dac-0 are
set up to correspond to the machine's X axis.

Jeff