I'm sorry that the release notes didn't include adequate installation
instructions.

Unlike some other operating systems, Ubuntu provides a unified update
manager for all software--there's no need for a different one to learn
for each software package.  If you're running the standard desktop
environment and have a configured internet connection, you'll simply get
a notification that updates are available, and then you're one click
from downloading and installing the updates.

If you don't, then you can download the new installation file on another
computer that does have an internet connection.

The wiki has more information here, including links to the location to
manually download the installation files:
    http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?InstallingUpdates
I will try to include this link in future release announcements.

We don't build a new bootable .iso image for each point release for two
main reasons.  First, it takes a fair amount of time and testing and
nobody has volunteered time to do it.  Second, a bootable CD is not
suitable for updating already-installed systems and we do not want users
to believe that they have to lose all their settings and files just to
install an updated emc version.

Jeff