> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:42:10 -0500
> From: Karl Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] 5 axis cinci ball test
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
>        <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> What interfaces are you using?
>
> Are the PID loops within EMC2?

> Karl Schmidt                         EMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
> 3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
> Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434
>
> Truth is mighty and will prevail.
> There is nothing wrong with this, except that it ain't so.  --Mark Twain

Karl,
   The the tach on the end of the motor feeds back to the amps. These
are the original SCR amps. I am working to replace them with amps that
need no feedback from the motors. The encoders on the motors feed back
to EMC. The tuning is a combination of the tuning in the SCR amps
(have done no tuning on the amps) and EMC's pid. EMC is able to tune
the motion nicely. This is limited by the SCR amps but works pretty
good.
Stuart