On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 19:27 +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all
> I am trying to convert a Wabeco CNC lathe from PC Dreh the DOS based German
> package that it was supplied with to EMC2.
>
> I am having problems with the pinout to the controller, has anyone attempted
> this before?
>
> I am concerned that the controller will only work if I use PC Dreh and the
> dongle that came with it.
>
> I have used the PC and EMC2 to drive a stepper using a driver board that
> I made myself.

I am not familiar with the Wabeco lathes , but I suspect that it has a
fairly standard configuration. If you can post some pictures or a
description of the boards and cables, we should be able to help. For
instance, what kind of cable goes between the PC and lathe?

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC/EMC CNC lathe,