El 10/09/2008 03:04 p.m., Sebastian Kuzminsky escribió:
Richard Acosta wrote:
Hello, my name is Richard, and i´have bought a 7i43 board, wich i hope to use on a home made drilling machine.

I´m stuck on the first steps, i have connected this board using parallel port cable, set jumpers according to what manual says, so, now i don't know what else to do.

Did you set the jumpers as per the hm2_7i43 manpage?
Yes i did.
guide?, i know some about linux, but at an user level.

As far as I know, there does not yet exist a complete machine configuration file for hostmot2. I believe Eric Johnson is working on one, but for a stepper-based machine.

I don't know exactly how to write a configuration for a complete machine yet (my machines exist only in my head so far...). But I think you should be able to inspect the existing machine configs that Kirk Wallace pointed you to, and inspect the partial hostmot2 configs, and synthesize something that'll work.
OK, thanks, is there any step by step for 5i20? i think it may be helpful due the similarities between them...
The hostmot2 configs for 2.2 (if you're installing the .debs) are here: <http://cvs.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/emc2/configs/hostmot2/?only_with_tag=v2_2_branch>

The hostmot2 configs for the CVS TRUNK (if you're compiling from source) are here:
<http://cvs.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/emc2/configs/hostmot2/>

The HAL User Manual and the EMC2 Integrator Manual are both valuable resources that describe the systems you'll be working with to create the configuration. They're available here: <http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/>