For newcomers, my vote goes to usb sticks. No messy networking to figure out,
username/passwords to remember and they are miles ahead of floppies from
a reliability standpoint. You do, however have to remember to take them out
of the source machine and to the EMC machine ;^) In our case, the house has
aluminum siding preventing wireless from working and we haven't made the time
and gone to the trouble of running CAT5 to the shop.
And as was mentioned earlier, copy the GC files from USB to the EMC hard disk
and remove the stick when cutting.

--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.
Then you win.