On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 17:57 +0000, Dave Caroline wrote:
> I have a feeling if we learn enough about USB2 a fixed bi directional
> micro frame protocol could be deterministic for EMC
> I need a second and third read of the spec
> Dave Caroline

Wasn't there some talk, last year, about real-time Ethernet? Ethernet,
to my uneducated brain, seems much more appealing than USB.

Another thought, is that as long as there are desktop PC's, there will
be slots (maybe?) and for real-time, a slot card controller would be the
most efficient. I guess this doesn't address the bare-bones systems were
cost and simplicity are the major issues. So far, there have always been
parallel port cards to fit the latest slots, so maybe it's not yet worth
worrying about?

I wonder if there will be a time when EMC2 will need to branch, to cater
to different system types? How long will those, that want to do the most
with the least, and those that want to do the most with the most, be
able to use the same EMC?

Who made the coffee, this morning?

Kirk