Heh, it is funny :)

>Can someone see if I'm on the right track.
>The following is where I'm at:
>
>Opened 'gedit'
>Opened emc2
>Opened configs
>Opened smill.ini  (I named my mill smill -Sherline mill)
And here is where you see why "simple, step by step instructions" fail.
You named your configuration "smill", someone else names theirs
"my-mill", someone else has a lathe, someone else names the config
"Bridgeport1".  Things get confusing when the instructions have to like
this:
[...]
Open the configuration named the same as you used in step 3
Open the file with the extension ".ini", with the same name as the
configuration you're modifying.
[...]
At some point, the user must think about what they're doing, and
step-by-step instructions with placeholders like those above will make
less sense than "open the ini file in the editor of your choice, and
make the following changes".

>(so far so good)
>Now I have found
>[DISPLAY]
>
>Under [DISPLAY] there is no 'EDIT = ' in there so I assume I have to type
in

>'EDIT = gedit'     (without the quotes)
>
>Question 1) Is the above correct?

I believe the option is "EDITOR", not "EDIT"

>Question 2) where do I type it in? - at the top of the list - bottom of the
>list, or doesn't it matter.

Doesn't matter.

- Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks a million for you're quick response.
Got it EDITOR not EDIT. Can't even get that right!
Yes course it's EDITOR .....

Done it, and it works.

Thank you Steve,and all
Best regards