> Thanks for your reply, I suppose I was looking a Gcode answer. I
> don't want
> to change the interpreter.
> Regards
> Dave

At one time I had one control program that used I&J absolute along
with EMC (pre EMC2). In order to be able to convert programs from one
format to another I wrote a little program in C to run through the
file and change all of the I&J coordinates for me and save to a new
file. It didn't take too long to write, and saved a lot of time
thereafter. I also wrote a little program that would check all arcs in
a program for consistent start point, end point, and radius. The non
EMC controller used a lower precision in producing arcs and programs
that worked on that controller would have an error in EMC. That
program took a little more thought to figure out, as it gave
recommendations for fixing the coordinates so you could choose what
value to change based on which dimensions had to be held closest to
nominal.

Unfortunately I think both programs have long since gone to the great
trash folder in the sky. I can dig in the dusty back-up folders to see
if they hung on somewhere but I wouldn't hold out much hope. I guess
my point is that it should be easy for you to whip up a little program
or script to do the conversion for you. If you have a favorite
programming or scripting language then you should be able to have a
solution in short order. If you don't do any programming yet, the I&J
conversion should be a great exercise to learn on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a free utility out there that
will already do this for you.

Isn't the math:
I(relative) = I(absolute) - X(start)
J(relative)=J(absolute)-Y(start)   ?