Hi guys:

I am trying to help someone on cnc zone to use M100 but I don't
understand the manual desription nor can I find anything in the wiki to help.
the manual says:

To invoke a user-defined command, program M- P- Q- where P- and Q- are both
optional.
The external program “Mnnn” in the directory [DISPLAY]PROGRAM_PREFIX is
executed with
 the P and Q values as its two arguments. Execution of the RS274NGC file pauses
until the
invoked program exits.

Does this mean the external program must be named M100-199?
What is meant by PROGRAM_PREFIX ? pathway?
I assume the external program can be in any supported language or are
we talking G code?

Thanks
Chris