I am using the Mesa 5i20 & 7i33 DAC board combination to retrofit a Kasuga mill.
I am controlling the spindle thru a VFD that takes the standard 0-10V speed
reference plus start and reverse.
I am currently working on the problem of outputting a speed command /voltage
signal that does not switch to a negative integer/value when I hit m4. The
command: m3s3000, for example works fine without the abs component loaded, but
M4 will turn the integer output from motion.spindle-speed-out to a negative
value, which my vfd won't respond to.
I am trying to use the abs component to strip the negative value from the
floating point speed command integer coming out of motion.spindle-speed-out.

Below are the corresponding statements from my m5i20_io.hal file:

# Set up spindle speed control
loadrt abs count=1
net spindle-rpm-cmd motion.spindle-speed-out
linkps abs.0.in <= spindle-rpm-cmd
newsig abs-spindle float
linkps abs.0.out => abs-spindle
linksp abs-spindle => m5i20.0.dac-03-value
net SpindleOn motion.spindle-on
linksp SpindleOn => m5i20.0.dac-03-enable
setp m5i20.0.dac-03-gain [SPINDLE]DAC_SCALE #from 5i20ini file#
setp m5i20.0.dac-03-offset 80

Looking at the Halmeter pins/signals, the abs component shows up with 3 pins but
integer values that appear on the abs.0.in pin never come out on the abs.0.out
pin. Zip, nada, no output from abs. Is there a parameter or argument that I am
not aware of to make it function properly? Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks everyone for considering this.
Tom