For simulation, you could connect a few switches to the parport
with appropriate pull-up resistors. You've probably got an old printer
cable lying around that you could cut up and trace out (with an Ohmmeter)
a few pins for ground, +5 and some inputs.
While you're at it, you could also hang some LEDs on your test jig to let
you know that "X" has happened (via an "M" code) and when to press a
button, etc.
Such a jig could be ugly and simple or as elaborate as you wish.

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 09:23, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The way I interpret the wiki and the manual is that the command waits
> for the input only as long as the Q timer is set for. This works well
> for error handling but for a machine interface I would want it to wait
> w/o error handling.
> Is there a way to test this in one of the simulations. I don't have a
> working system in front of me right now to test it. I am not sure how I
> would simulate the input with out hardware?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> Alex Joni wrote:
>> M66 P1 L1 waits for pin  motion.*00* to become true.
>> If that doesn't work like that, then you probably need a large Q number.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex

"Those that forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it."
Emory