Yes and no.  We provide a simple way to download a source tarball:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Installing_EMC2#Other_ways_of_getting_the_source_code
but preparing a system to compile emc2 for the first time is a much more
involved process if you can't use apt-get.

Everything you need can be downloaded simply over http on port 80 of
various webservers.  However, we rely on automatic tools (apt-get) that
assume an internet connection is available to determine the exact list
of packages to download, and the exact download URLs for their newest
versions.  We do not provide a listing of these packages or download
URLs, because it would quickly become out of date.

For Ubuntu Hardy, all the required packages are either under
    http://www.linuxcnc.org/hardy/
or
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/

After generating debian/control with
    debian/configure -r
read debian/control.in.  For each package name listed in Build-Depends,
get the latest version of that package.  Install all those packages with
dpkg.  now, for each package that is required by those packages, dpkg
will print an error.  Get all those packages and repeat until there are
no further errors.

Jeff