Richard Acosta wrote:
> well.. being 3.43AM, and some minutes since my last message.
>  I can't believe this.
> 
> I waked up from my bed, turned on the computer, came back to bed and 
> connected using VNC from the laptop to make a test and post the debug 
> info correctly this time if i could and even capture a motion screen to 
> show you.
> 

I say to people many times, sleep over it. Magic will solve your
problems :-)  Done that many times.

I was going to answer one of other emails but this one is way easier to
deal with.

> Since today i was playing around with the config files and didn't kept a 
> backup i just downloaded again Ted's Files from the message he sent me.
> I just put them on a folder, then throw the folder from my home folder 
> to the home in the other computer.
> 
> They just worked fine from the first try and i'm watching the 3D etch a 
> sketch....
> 
> I just can't understand what happened before if they were the exact same 
> files, i think thet if i was using windows when downloaded the last time 
> shouldn't be the problem. (hope so)
> 

It's possible that ugly CRLF conversion happened during 'save as text
 or some such. I don't know if EMC cares about that but still like to
tell people, to not use windows to mess with Linux/Unix config files.

> I'm very sorry, people, i can just feel very embarrassed about this, i 
> can only think that there were something wrong when copied files the 
> first time... it seems to load the firmware correctly now, and lights go 
> on then off while loading EMC2.
> 
> Well, if someone any time comes to my country i compromise myself to pay 
> you beer until your chin reaches the floor, or Wine if that's chosen.
> Or, maybe a good Asado (and red wine).
> 
> Thanks, i'm very very sorry and embarrassed now, i guess i will keep in 
> bed until 2009 kicks my butt, to see if i can take the stress out of my 
> head, and let you breath again pacefully without having to read my 
> capitals, complains and stuff.
> 

I'm glad to see you make progress and fell better about the whole thing.

> Greetings to all of you, have a great 2009, and so much more.

Same to you. And send some pictures of stuff you or your partner will be
working on. Remember some of us are still behind of you.

--
Rafael

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to