Hi
Having built a 1.5 m x 1.5 m  CNC gantry router used for woodwork, I am still
amazed that it works
as well as it does, however I am now thinking that the axis should be moving a
little bit faster (
I recently costed a job that would have taken 15 hours to cut which seems a bit
excessive).

It is set to run at 15mm per second max velocity, above that speed the steppers
start screaming and
start missing.  I know that the screws, bearings and drive nuts are not that
well aligned and the
screws whip about a bit. I plan to fix that soon, but I would like to know what
sort of speed I
should aim for. Is there any one out there with a similar set up who could tell
me what max speed
they are working to.
All the best for the new year
Aaron