John Kasunich wrote:
> Len Shelton wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to find and/or calculate the hsyncstart, hsyncend, htotal,
>> vsyncstart, vsyncend, and vtotal values for a given monitor? The manual does
>> not have this info.
>>

>>> Len
>>>

> Google "modeline".  It's been ages since I did that, and I did it with
> some webpage in front of me.
>
> Since your monitor is displaying everything correctly except the openGL
> preview, I'm very doubtful that tweaking the modeline will fix it.  Or
> are you working on a different issue now?

Yup, I agree, if what he is seeing on the real screen is identical to
what was in the screen capture, it has to be an opengl problem.  An easy
test is to run glxgears.  If it gives the same garbage, then any Hardy
Heron user with the same hardware would likely have the same trouble.
Much easier to reproduce these problems if EMC is not required.  This
looks a LOT like the trash I was getting on Intel 810 on-mobo graphics,
the difference might be the unusual screen resolution (I was using 1024
x 768).  I tried the Vesa graphics driver without improvement, so I put
a spare Nvidia card in the system, but didn't install the Nvidia custom
driver, as somebody said it would cause real time latency issues.  The
graphics performance with the default nv driver is mediocre, but plenty
good enough for Axis.

Jon