We have bought a Heiz 3-axis milling machine with a 'roundino'
stepper-driven rotary table and are using EMC2/Axis version 2.2.5
installed from the Ubuntu live CD.
I have it configured based on the step_mm examples and have the 4 axes
calibrated and working seemingly OK.

I notice that the rotary table can be commanded with 'g1 a(xxxx)' to set
it spinning and if I set F300 or F500 then it's rotational speed is
adjusted accordingly (I don't know what F(xxx) means to a rotary table
as it is not linear - can anyone enlighten me?).
G0a(xxx) turns at the - somewhat faster - jog speed.

If I issue a 'F300' then 'G1 x15 a3600' (Cut a spiral 15mm major radius
and 10 turns) then the rotary table turns at what I estimate as jog speed.
In fact the setting of the F parameter does not seem to influence it at
all when the motion is combined with X,Y or Z movement, although it does
when only rotary motion is programmed.

This seems to me to incorrect operation, but it is also possible that I
have misunderstood something. Can anyone tell me if I am driving the
machine wrongly or is there a bug in EMC/Axis here?

Best regards,

Robert von Knobloch.