Lars Andersson wrote:

>[snip]
>loadusr hal_input -W -A Bodnar

You probably need the -Wn option for loadusr:
loadusr -Wn input hal_input -A Bodnar

It looks like you tried to use -W, but put it in the wrong place.

>net jogs axis.0.jog-counts <= input.0.abs-x-counts
>
>setp axis.0.jog-enable 1
>
>setp axis.0.jog-scale 0.01
>

>Doing a "WATCH":
>
>input.0.abs-x-counts   _does_  move with the input jog wheel
>
>axis.0.jog-counts  _does not_  move with the input jog wheel

If the signal connects to both, then I don't see how this could happen.
You may need to refresh the watch window or something.

>net jogs  input.0.abs-x-counts
>
>net jogs axis.0.jog-counts
>
>I get an error  "Pin 'input.0.abs-x-counts'  does not exist"  (9333 0n next
>line)
>
>Comment out the error-flagged line and restart AXIS;
>
>If I now enter   "net jogs  input.0.abs-x-counts"   in the manual command
>box after starting AXIS,  the input device controls jog as expected.

This is due to the missing wait option for halcmd loadusr.

- Steve