Hello, it´s me again, this time to tell i'm the happy owner of a very
sophisticated 3 axis measurement machine...
Well, i could finally make my encoders to communicate with EMC and my
7i43, wasn't too har, only some few silly things that should have been
working from the beginning.
I have to thank again to everyone who has helped me and gived me their
patience. (i hope my english is better than i think)

I have used pins quad-a, quad-b and a "pair" pin to connect to the
encoders pins a- b- and "earth" (ground i guess) and, so far everithing
is working flawlesly. I move the encoder, and the data moves on both
encoder's display and EMC pc's screen.
1) Should i use any other pin for any other function? since there are
some other on encoder's plug (DB9). 0V, a+,b+,r+,r- and 5v
2) Where to connect Quad-IDX or not?

Ok, now... this is the time to connect the motors, i'm not going to use
stepper motors, but i'm going to use servos.
I'm about to connect 3 freq. converters to use 3 triphasic AC motors.
The ones i'm planning to use are CFW-07 and CFW-08 from Weg.
3) Is there something i have to take in consideration before to do it?,
i'm going on the correct path?

I have seen on the .bit file there are some pins marked as "PWM", "dir"
and "/enable"
4) are those the freq. converter's "start/stop", "direction" and
"general enable" pins?

The Freq. converters have an rs232 interfase.
5) Is there any way to use the 232 interfase with 7i43 and EMC2?

As you can see, i don't know much about motors, servos and so.

Thanks in advance.