sam sokolik <sa...@...> writes:

> a few things you can try
> -make sure the printer cable is ieee and try a shorter one (or hook it
> directly into the printer port)
> change the init string to add epp_wide=0
>
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.2/html/man/man9/pluto_servo.9.html
>
> sudo lspci -v will give you the chipset of your printer port.  Also make
> sure epp is set in the bios.

Hey Sam, nice to hear from you -

EPP is set in bios, double checked that one.
I already have the Pluto plugged directly into the Parallel port.
I tried adding the "epp_wide=0" argument to the init string but no luck.
It looks like the I/O chipset is Intel.

I am starting to look around for another salvageable computer somewhere. Maybe
out in the barn...

Tom