Joel Hershberger wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to install emc2 on my Ubuntu 8.1
> entrepid ibex computer. I tried compiling it but it wanted to know
> something about realtime and it also gave an error. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks

It's probably possible, but Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex 8.10 is *not* one of
the supported platforms for EMC2.  You'd have to download the kernel
sources, patch them with RTAI, and compile and install the kernel before
you could start trying to compile EMC2.

That's if you want to actually do realtime control of a machine; if
you're content to play around with the simulator you can configure it
without realtime and then it should work fine on Intrepid.

The easiest way to install EMC2 is undoubtedly to use the LiveCD, here:

<http://www.linuxcnc.org/hardy/ubuntu-8.04-desktop-emc2-aj07-i386.iso>

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky