Gentle persons:

Copying to user-provided flash drives instead of handing out CDs is a
great idea, especially because it makes the user participate actively
rather than just grab reflexively.

Just remember that

1) it is incredibly easy to propagate viruses and similar badness via
USB flash drives, although *probably* less so with a Linux host than a
Windows host. I'd want to do the copying on an isolated, protected host.

2) the .iso file is ~700MB. I'm always surprised to discover how much
space I've already used on whatever USB flash drive I happen to have in
my pocket and I usually find I have to delete something to make room for
the latest. The clock will be ticking away while making sure there is
adequate space and while actually writing the .iso file.

Neither of these issues is a show-stopper, but I always expect that the
worst is most likely to happen on those occasions I'm dealing with a
live audience (a variant of Murphy's Law?) and I've rarely been
disappointed :-!

Regards,
Kent