On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 22:04 -0400, John Kasunich wrote:
... snip
> Regardless of the type of turn-on, once the Triac is on, it won't turn
> off until the current through it goes to zero - even if the LED is off.
>  That's why SSRs only work for AC - in a DC circuit the current won't go
> to zero.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> John Kasunich

Thanks John. Did you mean "That's why _SCR's_ only work for AC"?

I was looking at two devices, both datasheets looked the same to me
except:

S108T02 has
"Zero crossing functionary (VOX : MAX. 35V)"

S108T01 has
"Non-zero crossing functionary"

I just want to turn a 24 VAC transformer on and off for my weathercam
antenna rotor, so I suspect either one will work.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html