On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 09:29:47AM +0800, ygdan1001 wrote:

> Dear sir:
> There is an error when I build emc2 realtime, please tell me how to install
> kernel headers package.

    2.1. Preparing Ubuntu to compile emc2
    [...]
    2.1.2. On Ubuntu with EMC2 package already installed

    Use apt-get to install additional packages required to rebuild emc2 from
    source:

     sudo apt-get build-dep emc2
     sudo apt-get install build-essential

    If you get an error about failed to fetch a file just run the command
    again and it should pick up the missing files. If you get an error like
    this one:

     Package libpth-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
     This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only
available from another source
     E: Package libpth-dev has no installation candidate

    then you have not configured apt correctly and the compilation step will
fail.

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Installing_EMC2#On_Ubuntu_with_EMC2_package_already_installed

Jeff