Hi,

I use the Ubuntu CD release for my home and my work routers. Fine.
Because I don't like Ubuntu (just my personal choice), I don't use on
the desktop, preferring OpenSuse.
Because I develop my cnc programs on the desktop, it's nice to be able
to try them out in Axis.
This avoids a lot of silly mistakes before I even get near the machines.
I have compiled Version 2.2.8 from the SVN on OpenSuse 11.0 (home), it
works fine (no rtai, just simulation).
At work, I have OpenSuse 10.2 and here I get a problem:

"./configure  --enable-run-in-place --enable-simulator "
runs without complaint but
"make"
produces (eventually)

/usr/bin/xgettext: Language "glade" is not supported. xgettext relies on
expat.
                   This version was built without expat.
make: *** [po/axis.pot] Error 1

Can any developers tell me what is wrong?
I have glade-2 installed (and devel version).
Is it gettext, glade or expat that is incompatible ?

Many thanks,
Robert von Knobloch