Frank Tkalcevic wrote:
>> First, there's an index mask option in the hostmot2 firmware.
>>  You set the -index-mask (and optionally -index-mask-invert)
>> bits to true, and the index will only be active when another
>> input is on.  Connect that other input to the correct Index
>> Mask physical pin, and you have an encoder that only works
>> when the spindle is close to the right spot.
>
> The index-mask is a parameter.  Can I connect a pin to a parameter?

You can not connect a pin to a parameter, but you dont need to.  The
index-mask parameter is maybe a little confusing because it has the same
name as the Index Mask I/O pin (note: I/O pin, not a HAL pin).

The index-mask parameter turns the index masking behavior on and off:
If the index-mask parameter is set to True, the Index input pin only has
an effect if the Index-Mask input pin is True.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
    you press what you hope is the right switch, and you