Well, Kirk did it again!

> I think MPG's are too expensive, so I am trying to see if I could make
> one. What I have so far is at the top of the page here:
> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/

I found this MPG
http://www.myvoice.nl/freesmachine/images/encoder-handwiel-voorkant.jpg
at a local supplier.
I thought that for 47 EUR (~ 60 USD) this was not too expensive to make
a pendant with.

But now, seeing these nice pics from Kirk my fingers start itching
again. It is easy enough to make one myself and I should have some opto
interrupters in my junk box. The MPG is 50mm with the knob being 38
round and 16 mm height. I've got enough pieces of scrap aluminum left to
make the mechanics. Time is more of an issue so I will buy the 'proper'
one and keep Kirk's pictures as a trigger to make a smaller MPG - I
guess that a 1" sized knob could be just the perfect size.

But first things first. I planned to mount all the limit switches
beginning of this week but cables and connectors only arrived yesterday.
I also promised Chris to look at a G73 issue he fixed 2 days before -
but at this time the mill is still busy with a job that should have been
finished yesterday morning (which should have been finished if not for a
malfunctioning tool ...).

Rob