Hey Guys,
I am at a point that I need to convert my Sieg X2 mill to CNC control. I
have found two kits/plans online and wanted to know if anyone on the
list has used them? They are the "Steele Company's" conversion kit/plan
and the "FigNoggle Designs" kits/plans. For what it is worth I plan on
building the parts so I will be using the plans and not the kits.
Right now my biggest concern is the electronics. While I am confident in
building parts for the machine, the electronics is some what daunting. I
have bought three "Linistepper" driver boards and assembled them with
satisfactory results. But I 'm lost when it comes to the controllers.
 From what I have read I am leaning to the Mesa 7I43 to connect the
driver boards to the PC. I also want to add DRO using ShumaTechs
DRO-350. And was wondering if that could be integrated into EMC some
how. If anyone has used any of these parts and/or plans and could give
me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. My funds are limited and
I don't want to waste it on things that will not work or conflict with EMC.
Thanks in advance for any help!
lennywayne