Rob Jansen wrote:

>I just got an email concerning the use of the G64 P... G-code I
>introduced in the output of the postprocessor in DeskProto. I found this
>to improve speed a lot and reported this to DeskProto about a year ago -
>they were happy to add this in their default post processor configuration.
>Apparently a user with a Sherline mill had to avoid an error (unknown
>G-code).
>On the website of Sherline there is an old (no, ancient) user manual
>dating back in 2003 and the latest release they refer to use BDI 4.51
>(dated oct 23, 2006).
>
>In order to guide this use in converting his current setup into a new
>one (at least my suggestion is to update/reinstall using the live-CD) it
>would be good to have a historical overview of all the changes since
>then. I looked at the website but could not find a complete overview on
>feature base and introduction of new G-codes.
>Is such an overview available somewhere?

I don't have a good list of changes to offer, nor can I tell you how
already-existing G-codes may have been improved or changed, but I can
give a little help for someone who wants to document the changes.  The
following is a list of G-codes that are different in the latest TRUNK
vs. the last EMC1 revision.  This list was compiled by writing a short C
program with the two arrays of G-code groups (from EMC1 and EMC2), and
printing the code for any that differ.

G5, G5.1, G5.2, G5.3, G7, G8, G17.1, G18.1, G19.1, G28.1, G30.1, G33,
G33.1, G38.3, G38.4, G38.5, G41.1, G42.1, G43.1, G73, G76, G90.1, G91.1,
G95, G96, G97

Maybe someone can consolidate the descriptions of these into a separate
differences document.

- Steve