On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 00:09 -0400, K.J. Kirwan wrote:
> Hello ClassicLadder Developers,
>
> I would like to request that a new feature be added to
> ClassicLadder (CL), if it's not too difficult.  When you
> close EMC and EMC is closing down all the open CL windows
> on the way out, it would be nice if CL could pause during
> the closedown long enough to present one of those
> dialog boxes that says something like:
>
> "You have unsaved files. Would you like to:
> [ Save_Changes ] [ Abandon_Changes ]"
>
> (Don't ask me how I know this would be a good feature, LOL).
>
> Thanks,
>
> K.J.

Hi K.J.

I'm reasonably certain that others are better able to figure out how to
do what you suggest.  My comment is related to the history of CL and
EMC2.

ClassicLadder is really an open source, stand-alone project that we
grabbed a copy of and modified to work with our own project.  The first
instance of this was way back in the BDI versions 4-10 days.  Later as
HAL developed JohnK and a couple others considered CL and another
similar project.  We found that CL was closer to our needs.

As a separate project, CL has its own way of doing things like keeping
track of it's configuration and such.  I've made the same error you did
though, closing EMC2 without saving changes to my ladder.  Perhaps our
developers can figure out a way to set a variable that signals a change
to the ladder program and use this to implement your suggestion.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rayh