2009/10/7 Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>

> On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 09:43 +0200, Sven Wesley wrote:
> > 2009/10/7 Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
>
> > If you ever find an odd function in EMC2, you can be sure Kirk uses it.
> :)
> > Kirk, what are the optointerrupters for?
> >
> > --S
>
> If you mean here:
>
> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/Shizuoka_Step_Drv-1a.png
> (Short URL) http://preview.alturl.com/fmdb
>
> these are on the original stepper drivers. On the PC side, I have a
> 74ls244:
> http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ls241.pdf
>
> that provides enough power to drive the LED in the opto-interrupter
> (/coupler).

It's an odd combination of this image:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/mpg_proto-1a.jpg
<http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/mpg_proto-1a.jpg>and
the text "The PDF for the opto-interupters is here
(H22L)<http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/H2/H22LOB.pdf>.",
and I didn't really understand the combination. But opto couplers are nice,
absolutely.
If I understood your setup, You only have the EMC2 output signal,  opto
couplers, amplifiers and then the motors? Sounds like a really clean setup
to me. How fast can you go?

Regards,
Sven