> Any guesses whether something was there?  I had some trouble getting
> stable velocity loops, and it makes me wonder.

our Mitsubishi servo amps where the same, the tach went to a board which
then passed it onto the AMPs, tracing it through on the boards it was
just a pass through on the board connections, as same lead carried the
tacho and resolver signals. (we fitted encoders on the screws)

so linking it straight into the drive on the tacho inputs worked perfect.

with out it the AMPs never know if the motor is moving or not
or running at the correct speed to the commanded velocity signal so they
just stay in E-Stop state or alarm out.