With apologies to Douglas Adams, is there a way to make axis treat the A
tables rotation as a rotation the xy plane about the x=0,y=0 point?

This would be very useful in visualizing the progress of a part being cut on
the A tables face when it is mounted face up on the xy table, which is my
next project, making those sprockets I asked about on IRC yesterday.

The current apparent default rotation of the bit in a line aligned to the x
axis is, shall we say, less than useful to me.  Since the bit, at least on my
machine is fixed, facing down, even the default doesn't make sense when its
really the x plane that should rotate so that the cut face on the part is
always up.

Am I making any sense here?

--
Cheers, Gene

"Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with
the ideal never goes unpunished."
-- Goethe