I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. It has no parallel port. I can
get another 8600 with a parallel port from eBay.

My Dell gives the RTAPI error "Unexpected realtime delay on task 1"
when EMC2 opens.

But it runs EMC programs in the backplot with no errors. There's no
output because I have no parallel port.

I took the EMC2 live CD to a friend who has a CNC machine and a Dell
Latitude x300. We booted the CD and EMC2 gives the same RTAPI error
when it opens. But it runs his CNC mill with no obvious problems.

I had thought the RTAPI error "Unexpected realtime delay on task 1"
was a deal breaker. But it seems to be insignificant.

Does anyone have more details on this error or what it may mean?

--

Bryan Mumford