> I want to buld my own kernel.  I've read the instructions on the wiki, but
> I'm struggling to find the right versions of the kernel and RTAI.  Can
> someone tell me the versions of the kernel and RTAI used to build the Ubuntu
> 8.04 live cd version?

Hello Frank,

I build EMC2 with Puppy Linux.
I tried to use RTAI 3.7.1 with kernel 2.6.29.7 but this combination was
ubstable. I was able to handle the system if I use autocompete in command line
in bash (by TAB button)(Maybe it is only puppy problem).
So I used RTAI 3.6.2 with kernel 2.6.24.7. System is stable and fast.
Version of EMC is 2.3.3

Best Regards
Evgeny