Sounds like you have an aquarium air valve.

Find a hobby shop that sells models that use engines. Ask for a mixture
needle assembly. Most shops have a stack of broken models out the back
that they raid for parts. Generally the needle valves have a 1/8" hose
barb on one end and a thread on the other that screws into the carb.
They give very fine control over the flow. If you find a good shop they
may well have remote needle valves for aircraft. These have two hose barbs.

Les