Note: I posted this on CNCzone.com last night, but I think I'll get a better
response here. Sorry for the cross-post.

I feel like a fool but I don't get the trick with tool-changing. I use CamBam
to create the gcode for a series of operations that require a couple of
different endmills. I assign them different tool IDs as part of the process.
When I run the gcode, EMC2 prompts me to change the bits mid-operation at the
right time as expected. It gives me the little "change the tool" dialog with a
continue button. Pressing the continue button causes things to continue as
expected.

The problem is that I don't have control over the machine at that point to
actually change the endmill. I need to raise the z-axis to get the endmill into
the collect and then I need to touch off the z-axis. Any help or walk through
of this process would be great as it's currently driving me crazy.

I've tried pausing the operation with the dialog up but I still don't get
manual control. I've also tried stopping the operation but I can't figure out
how to get it to resume at the line where it left off properly. I know this is
probably something super simple and I'm being a fool but it's got me stumped.

I've heard reference of a "go to line" ability somewhere but I've not seen how
to use it. It seems horrible that I can't touch off in the middle of a running
program. This is pretty critical for those of us that don't have a tooling that
can be established in a tool table. I know this is available in Mach3.

Apparently there is also a "tool change position" that can be set somewhere -
I'm assuming that can't be done via the Step Conf wizard so it must be in one
of the configuration files. Setting it will be of little use if I can't
conveniently resume the same file again.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Mike