On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Andy Pugh <a...@andypugh.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Do you know for sure that your current card does not work with EMC?

No. I'm just going by the dire warnings I've seen in the EMC wiki.

I have two identical computers (Dell GX280 Small Form Factor). One of
them has Ubuntu 9.10, and the other has Ubuntu 8.04 (The EMC live CD
install). I bought two of the NVIDIA cards (before I knew there might
be a problem) and installed them in both computers. The one in the
9.10 box works fine. The one in the EMC box died before I had a chance
to do the latency test, so I'm sending that one back to Newegg.

Tonight I'll swap the 1 good card back into the EMC box, and run the
latency test to see what happens.

Neil