-----Original Message-----

From:  "B GARDNER" <r...@verizon.net>
Subj:  [Emc-users] emc2 hardware step generators
Date:  Sun 2010 Jan 10 4:39
Size:  992 bytes
To:  <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hello,

When using EMC2 with stepper motors and software generated steps the highest
step rate seems to be limited by the computer latency. We have a clear formula
to calculate that rate based on the stepper driver requirements and the
computer latency.

How do we calculate the highest step rate when we use hardware generated steps
(Pico, Mesa, etc.)? How does the computer latency effect these rates? Are there
other factors?

Thanks,

Rick