On Jan 19, 2010, at 1:13 AM, Sven Wesley wrote:

> 2010/1/19 Michael Jones <ma...@michaelandholly.com>
>
>> I'm ALMOST finished enabling my Logitech Dual Action gamepad with
>> emc2
>>
>> 2)  Hat  Jog Function:
>>
>> I would like to make the hat button on the controller jog the x and y
>> axis by a fixed amount (i.e. 0.01" or 0.001" or maybe whatever is
>> selected in the menu in Axis) each time it is pressed.  I may go as
>> far as using a modifier button, and the hat together to make it do
>> the
>> same for the Z axis.... but not sure yet.
>>
>> Is there a simple way to do this easily (or get started)?  Has
>> someone
>> already done this so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Michael Jones
>>

> Check step 5 here:
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Simple_Remote_Pendant
> I have the stick controlling X and Y, and then the "left finger up/
> down
> buttons" controlling Z. It works really well.

I currently have the left stick controlling the x and y and the
vertical axis of the right stick controlling the Z at normal speed.
This works well, and gives me proportional control of the speed of the
axis from zero to whatever the set maximum depending on how far I move
the stick.

What I would like to do is also have the Hat switch jog the x and y
axis by a fixed amount each time it's pressed rather than the
continuous motion that the stick takes care of.

Thanks,

Michael