Yeah, yeah, I can hear the groans already...  ;-)

Anyway, I was able to find my archive of stuff that I've been saving
on tandem setups, but I'm not really sure the solutions talked about
apply very well to the machine I'm tying to bring up here.  My
machine is a two axis machine, using the X and Z axis.  I want to
gang two steppers on the X axis, and have one set of limit switches
and one home switch for that axis if I can get away with it.  I was
going through all the manuals over the last couple of days, and am
starting to get an inkling of understanding with HAL.  Somebody, I
think it was Jon, mentioned gantrykins, and lo and behold, I came
across Jeff Epler's old blog and the three files he has listed there:
<http://axis.unpy.net/01162326817>.

As I was reading through the files, I noticed they seemed to apply
more towards a servo driven system than a stepper, and also seemed
geared towards having a homing switch for both servos, which I
realize would be necessary since position knowledge would have to be
updated for both.  Since I'm using steppers, with no position feed
back, do I really need something as complicated as this, especially
since I'm trying to get away with using just one home switch?

Another question regarding tandem drive setups - when running through
stepconf, and getting to the window where I select the pins on the
parallel port, to gang the steppers, is it as simple as selecting the
same axis for the second stepper and reversing the output?

Thanks,
Mark