Dear EMC experts

I am new to this list and hope to participate quite a bit in the future. I
started moving over to EMC2 en of last year and still have a lot to learn.
I am a founder member of a new local interest group and we have about 10-15
new members  who will become involved with EMC shortly. We are in Pretoria,
South Africa.

I have successfully got a small lathe (EMCO C5 CNC) and milling machine
(EMCO F1 CNC) converted and running. The milling machine is basically fully
functional with spindle speed control using a PID loop and a MPG.

The lathe is giving me some problems with regard to the toolchanger, which I
am setting up with classicladder. The following problem appeared:

The TMn.P variables seem to disappear after shutting down and restarting
EMC. I use them to set variable count down times according to the number of
the tool to be moved to. The WATCH window does not display them from the
GUI. Only the %W0, %W1, etc variables are shown. I use an ASSIGMENT to
calculate the value of TMn.P, which can be from 2 to 90 msecs.

When you set it up from within EMC and start it running it works fine. After
shutting down EMC and restarting the setting of the TMn.P variable does not
work - it seems to remain 0.

Any help to clarify will be appreciated. I am on the 8.04 Ubuntu system with
the latest EMC2.

Regards
Rudy du Preez

database 4834 (20100204) __________