On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 23:09 -0700, a...@conceptmachinery.com wrote:
> Hi
> The best source for ER collets and custom build collets holders is
> http://www.hardingeus.com/usr/pdf/collet/2351E%28LR%29.pdf
> Hardinge can make custom type holders and it is important for any one that
> does not have lathe, machine tool etc.
> Now I need to find motor for spindle. What motor will be more suitable for
> spindle? I know it will be single phase and 110 V. Max tool diameters 1”.
> RPM on tool about 3000-5000.
> Thanks
> aram

We quickly run up against physics or mechanics here.  The power
available from a 110 volt, 15 amp (USA) circuit means that the
acceleration/deceleration of the spindle will be slow.

Hardinge was able to start and stop their spindles in less than three
complete turns because they designed some pretty impressive motors and
motor controls but demanded at least 240 volt power to their machines.

Rayh