I have been successful in getting almost all functions of my EMCO C5
converted lathe working with EMC2 - spindle speed control and speed
feedback, auto tool changer, MPG, etc., including some ladder programming.
However, I am stuck at the moment with the set up for threading. The G33 and
G76 codes do not work. In program mode EMC stops dead before these two
commands - with no error message.

I have only one pulse per rev feedback from the spindle, so the encoder
component is set up using only Phase A as input. Index is not used. My speed
feedback converted to rpm is correct.

The motion.spindle-at-speed and motion.spindle-revs data seems correct, but
it is not clear to me how the latter is used. I cannot figure out the use of
motion.spindle-index-enable and encoder.n.index-enable and
encoder.n.position related data (the reference to canonical interface on
page 91 is not helpful (not in Hal manual)). The use of
encoder.n.position-interpolated is also not clear.

Can someone please explain what signals and data is needed for G33 and G76
to work and how they fit together. The examples I could find for lathe
configs are not sufficient for me to unravel this information.

Thanks
Rudy

database 4866 (20100214) __________

http://www.eset.com