Hi, I'm new to this list and English isn't my native language, though please
appologise any mistakes in my writing. I managed to set up a four axis (x,
y, u, v) configuration for a hot wire foam cutter for model plane styrofoam
panels. The hardware is realised with stepper motors an the appropriate
drivers. The drivers have the normal inputs (enabel, step, direction). It
runs in the mean to my satisfaction. The problem I have is the integration
of an external panic button (physical switch). The button is electricaly
connected to the paralleport pin 10 through an optocoupler. The stepper
drivers are enabled with pin 1 of the parallel port going high. What I want
is to go pin 1 low when the external panic button is pressed and at the same
time the "estop button" (toggled with F1) looking pressed and the "power
button" (toggled with F2) looking unpressed/disabled on the Axis GUI. When
the external panic button is reset, the "estop button" shold reflect the
state and the "power button" should be enabled and pin 1 has to keep the
state as before meaning pin 1 is still low. Pin 1 should go high when the
"power button" is pressed again. Until now I din't manage to realise this
behavior, but I think it isn't unkommon and somebody in the community has
realised it already. Any hint or solution is highly welcome.

Regards petgeo