forget color wrote:
> I installed EMC2 and Ubuntu using the live CD option about a year ago
> from this ISO:
>
> ubuntu-8.04-desktop-emc2-aj07-i386.iso
>
> It looks like the version of Ubuntu being used now hasn't changed but
> EMC2 has.  Can I easily upgrade my copy of EMC2 or should I just start
> over with a new live CD?

You can easily upgrade without reinstalling from a new Live CD.  The
commands to do it are:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

The first will fetch the current list of packages available.  The second
will upgrade all packages you have installed to their latest versions,
including emc2.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky